This past weekend marked the official start to the Fall season, and along with the onset of cooler weather and changing scenery comes a less fortunate seasonal occurrence—flu season. According to the CDC, flu activity begins to increase in the months of October and November, and activity peaks typically between December and February. That said, there are preventative actions—and products—that can help you fight this flu season, and we’re here to help.
“Preventative actions to stop the spread of germs” is one of CDC’s “Take 3 Actions to Fight the Flu” in 2018. Some of those preventative actions include:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water; and if soap and water are not available, using an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.
In the context of work, what other preventative measures does the CDC recommend to stop the spread of germs, such as those that cause the flu? A few of those include:
- Finding out about your employer’s plans if an outbreak of the flu or another illness occurs, as well as whether flu vaccinations are offered on-site.
- Routinely cleaning objects and surfaces that are frequently touched, including doorknobs, keyboards, and phones, to help remove germs.
- Making sure your workplace has an adequate supply of tissues, soap, paper towels, alcohol-based hand sanitizers, and disposable wipes.
In line with these recommendations and in preparation for the upcoming flu season, we’re holding a special promotion on a variety of disinfectants, cleaners, hand soaps and sanitizers—all from trusted industry brands like Purell, Lysol, Dial, and Clorox!
BUT HURRY – Promotional pricing only lasts through September 30, 2018, so don’t miss your chance to stock up on these essentials to effectively fight the flu this season!